Some simple happy reasons having Evan here is making my life so much richer:
1. I have someone to cook, eat, and clean up dinner with.
2. On his days off (which are usually mid-week days) he can go to the market for me so I don't have to go after a long day of work. woo!
3. He helps me clean my apartment. Note** I clean it weekly, but my roommate doesn't, so cleaning the whole place by myself takes hours and effort (and with only 1 day off a week, I'd rather not spend the whole day cleaning). With 2 people it's much faster! yes!
4. I have someone to ride the bus, taxis, rickshaws, motorbikes, and walk the streets with - not only is that much safer, but much more fun!
5. He can bargain cheaper public transportation prices than I can.
6. I have a co-teacher for the volunteer adult English class I teach at the Bible college once a week. It's so fun to teach together! The students laugh at us every week. :)
7. Hanging out with my male friends is less awkward, and it also opens doors to hang out with more couples, and people in general.
8. I have someone to bake cookies for - who will actually help me eat them. And cook pancakes, french toast, and Mexican food, who actually likes BEANS (sent with love from my parents).
9. I have support, encouragement, affirmation and am being challenged daily to live like Him by someone, in the flesh.
10. I have a friend daily, who I can talk to, laugh with, learn with, grow with, and strive to love this sometimes frustrating and difficult world with.
I am becoming more and more fond of the word "with." I guess that's why God says, "Do not fear for I am with you, do not be dismayed for I am your God. I will strengthen you and keep you, I will uphold you with my righteous right arm." And why Jesus says, "Never will I leave you."
Life together - it is truly a gift!