Friday, December 5, 2008

Because.

Because Shantou sunrises are breathtaking...


Quiet, still, soft.
That moment just before the noise, traffic,
and hustle bustle craziness of the day begins.


One of my favorite things to do every morning is roll up my awful pink flower printed curtains to reveal the sleepy street below me. One or two elderly people might be out walking, a bike cart might pass with it's driver slowly peddling the heavy contents for the days vending, the security guard booth is still closed up tight, the world letting out it's first yawn of a new day.


And I, a redheaded dreamer, American, full of questions, wanting to touch, learn, and love this world, get to greet my morning, my Maker, and my home.

Here's to another day.

1 comment:

Evan said...

...And another beautiful sunrise, eh?