Sunday, November 9, 2008

I went to Hong Kong...

...and it is is indeed BIG, BUSY, CRAMMED, and exciting!

I had to take a "business trip" (how rad is that?!?) to renew my visa since China won't let me do it in country anymore. And this is what I found...


city. city. city.





The subway...or MTR rather



A yummy little street market - one of my favorite things about China. People set up their fruits and veggies anywhere and everywhere!


Dim Sum...yummmm...


Lafayette HK office staff, my new buddies :)



Flower Market Road!


flowers! flowers! flowers!



There was even a shop with Christmas stuff which made my day!



Fuzzy flowers! I think the were called Rooster Crowns or something like that...




Can we say gorgeous?!


I like walls.


Exiting the subway into the unknown...ANND....


TADA! Kong Kong Island!



An adorable elderly couple.
And the man was shooting with an old school Nikon.
yesss.
I don't know how to shoot a city, much less one as big as HK, so I shot a fishing boat and city. Old meets new, I guess.



And finally, Hong Kong at night.


I shot the moon. w 0 0 t.


A lovely trip.
Lovely new friends.
A lovely time wandering and exploring a HUGE and fascinating city.

Yay for successfully traveling Asia by oneself!

1 comment:

Evan said...

First of all, I am really proud of you for traveling all over China alone. Crazy! Second, thank you for all the gorgeous shots.

Much love!